MRAssociates — Knowledge base
We provide the only free knowledge base in the UK dedicated to Supported Exempt Accommodation
In the same topic…
- contentWhere does the law define “specified accommodation”?
- contentWhat is the history of specified accommodation?
- contentWhat is the benefit cap?
- contentWhat is supported accommodation?
- contentWhat is floating support?
- contentWhat are the LHA and Local Reference Rent?
- contentWhat are the benefit limits from which specified accommodation is exempt?
- contentShow me some examples of supported accommodation schemes
- contentCan you give me examples of what is not specified accommodation?
- contentWhat is specified accommodation?
- contentWhat are the advantages of specified accommodation?
- contentWhat is the Maximum Rent (Social Sector) i.e. Bedroom Tax
- contentWhat is the Universal Credit housing element?
- contentWhat is a care home and how do people get help with care home charges?
- contentCan you give me examples of what is specified accommodation?
What is the difference between exempt accommodation and other specified accommodation?
Specified accommodation is a wide term that includes exempt accommodation: exempt accommodation is a subcategory of specified accommodation.
Any specified accommodation that is not also exempt accommodation is protected from some benefit restrictions, but there is more protection for a benefit claimant who occupies exempt accommodation as this Venn diagram shows: