— Glossary

  1. Knowledge base
  2. Glossary
  3. Supported Exempt Accommodation

Supported Exempt Accommodation

Non-legal words

“Supported exempt accommodation” (often abbreviated to SEA) is an unofficial term sometimes used in connection with Housing Benefit and Universal Credit to mean either of the following:

Specified accommodation, or Exempt accommodation

Because Supported Exempt Accommodation is not a legally defined expression, and because different people use it to mean different things, the more precise terms “specified accommodation” and “exempt accommodation” are preferable.